Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1 fish, 2 fish...how many fish????

On 5/27/08 at 10:30 we had our first sonogram. It was the songram tech, Dr F, the Nurse C and my DH and I. Dh and I were watching the Doctor as she was watching the screen, light beaming from her eyes and radiating from her smile. You could tell she was about to tell us wonderful news. As she spoke pure joy flowed from her lips and she said " you are having twins and they look PERFECT" I so loved hearing that word....PERFECT. It was then that the world felt normal again, the earth was rotating on it's axis without interuption.........but.....quickly on point she said....."um go back to the third one"

HUH????? UMMMMM 3???? WHAT????

My tears of joy were now tears of shock....still joyful but scared as well. With further examination of the third egg sack we noticed there was NO sign of life, until yesterday!!
on 6/3/08 at 10:30 our second sonogram showed
1 Fish-heartbeat 130 measuring 7 weeks 5 days
2 Fish-heartbeat 132 measuring 7 weeks 5 days
Red fish-heartbeat 62 measuring 5 weeks 2 days

The doctor said fish 1 and fish 2 are once again "PERFECT" that word just sounds like music when it is spoken about our babies.
She does not feel as if I will carry Red fish to term, she feels as if red fish will just be absorbed into my body because it is so far behind. She actually said she'd prefer if I did not try to carry all 3 in case red fish grows and flourishs. But DH and I have decided we will do what God wants us to do.
They have heartbeats, they have brains, they are apart of us. They are our children and we love them already with our whole beings. I am so absolutely amazed at how much I love them. How just the thought of them brings me to tears. Just to be sure....I made them double check again to make sure we wont be surprised next week with a 4th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought their names were...

Red Fish
Blue Fish
Silverfish

I'll never get this straight. I'mmunna stink as an uncle.