Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mothers day 2008

6 pregnancy tests all that morning (4 different kinds) all with faint positive results ( 10 days post IUI)
Sore, swollen breasts. Lack of energy and feeling like I wanted to puke every time I ate. I still did not believe we were pregnant. I needed to hear it from the doctor. It was kind of hard to hide it from everyone on the boat Saturday night when I hopped from the table (in my wedding dress) holding my mouth and ran into the bathroom to find myself sitting on the floor praying to the porcelain god. I could hear my SIL outside saying "oh no...I really have to go, does this mean I have to use the mens room?" ha ha ha. (Thanks J, I really needed to laugh at that moment-and it worked) Then over Mothers day brunch when from the other side of the table the smell of ketchup felt crude to my system. The lingering smell flourishing in my body, controling my mind and it felt as if my system would implode any minute. YUCK!!

I was so afraid when the doctor called Wednesday afternoon that she would tell my my worst fears. I had nightmares that she told me that all of my feelings and positive results were being caused by the medication and that we were not pregnant. I could not even talk to her, I made Christopher talk as I listened....holding my stomach and my breath.

She said " well, are you ready for the good news. Congradulations you are pregnant! The numbers are PERFECT and I am amazed because it NEVER HAPPENS ON THE FIRST TRY"

again.....NEVER SAY NEVER

No comments: